In 1920, word came that the local sorority of Kappa Kappa Chi would be accepted to be an offical chapter of the Delta Gamma Fraternity. Members of the chapter consisted of many leaders on campus including members of the KAW and the Review, the Student Council, the Drama Club, the local honorary scholastic fraternity, Tau Delta Pi, and the honorary society for Washburn Women, NONOSO. Kappa Kappa Chi was the first Delta Gamma Chapter to be installed in the State of Kansas.
In 1921, the new Delta Gamma Chapter bought a 12 room house at 1601 Boswell. In 1936, work began on the new chapter house, which was to be built at the south end of sorority row.
In 1966, a tornado destroyed much of Washburn's campus, including the Delta Gamma house; so we now live on 1915 SW MacVicar Ave. The house now holds 23 women.